Friday, May 26, 2006

Soccer Mayhem

7 parents
11 boys
1 coach
1 assistant coach
3 dinners
4 lunches
4 breakfasts
150 gallons of water
....you get the idea?

Soccer Mayhem.

They are coming to visit,
those soccer crazy bunch!
We'll house them and bath them,
and give them some lunch.

They will drink lots of fluids,
water by the gallon...
To keep up thier strength
GOOD LORD don't you foul em'!

The blue and the white
the RAPIDS we are,
with bumps and bruises-
but hardly a scar.

The soccer mayhem ,
has commenced on my home.
Boys, socks, drinks
and shin guards of foam!

The boys are hyper,
the parents are intense...
the games will carry on and on,
even when a ref doesn't make sense!

Ah yes, soccer mayhem
it is here one more time!!
but I have to admit that I love it
I'd do it again on a dime!

GO TEAM RAPIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "boys" are coming this weekend...will be here in about an hour. Don't look for me, I'll be busy till' Monday! :O) Darla

3 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Love your poem....you must use that on the layout you do! Have fun!

crazydarla said...

Oh yes, we are having a total BLAST here! The boys are a wee tad pumped up and it is raining so we are "pent up" inside...makes for a lot of rough housing...oye! Makes me nuts! LOLOL Having fun though. My sis brought me a team pix from the tourney last time where they won the championship game and I am going to throw it together on a LO for them! THey were looking at some of my sb last night and commented there were no soccer LO's, hee hee... I promised there would be one soon! :O) I for SURE will add the poem! My sis asked for a copy of it too!

GAIL, I am sure we'll be watching the game...I will look for you!
;O) LOL

Darla

:Jayne said...

I agree you have to do a LO with this! What fun! I miss the boys being home and the chaos that comes with it!

:Jayne