Monday, May 22, 2006

CKU Provo ROCKED!





So, we got home yesterday afternoon from CKU (Creating Keepsakes University) in Provo, UT and had an absolute BLAST while there! We took off on Wed. morning and shopped all day and then stayed at a Trendwest Resort Condo that night up in the Utah mountains that was just insanely beautiful... stayed up too late and got up WAY too early. Hit the roads early for Provo and missed MOST of the morning rush traffic (oye!!) and went straight to the Marriot Hotel where we stayed. Thurs we checked in, did make and takes and stuff...we also had a mini class with MM (Making Memories) and let me just tell you what a TOTAL RIOT that Margie Romney is! OMGosh she is a hoot! Great time! That night we had our Tailgate Party where we did our Dorm table, dressup, cheer (which we won) and then did games and prizes, etc. FUN NIGHT! We had classes all day Friday and then our group went to dinner Fri evening at an awesome Mexican resteraunt but I was not feeling so great so I went up to the room and napped for a while. That night we went to another party and got more goodie bags (everywhere was goodie bags full of freebies) and then went out to shop shop shop ... lots of fun again! Sat was another early start, classes all day, then our commencement party that night... loads of fun and Robin even won a HUGE prize there worth over $100! Whhoo whoo! We then went for a walk and saw some sights INCLUDING the Salt Lake City Childrens Choir (practicing outside) and they honored us with a "warm up" and it was amazing (a true highlight of the trip!!) After that we did yummy Sourdough Pizza then back to our rooms to clean up and pack stuff. We headed home on Sunday but spent a couple hours in Layton shopping some more (clothes this time! :O) and then came home. GREAT TIME but a long few days...so happy to be home! Posting pictures of all the oodles and oodles of product we got, most of it free. Just a scrapbookers true dream ... if you have the chance to attend a CKU anywhere....DO IT! So totally awesome! Like a giant womens slumber party!!!!!!!!!

HUGS me

5 comments:

crazydarla said...

OK so, here is a "detailed" list of what is in the photos... top to bottom.
TOP:Top photo is all my class kits, they include instruction sheets, product galore and some of them had info about the mftr/co in them. This photo also included all of my rub ons that I got, TONS of them. Also a cool acrylic stamp set I got that looks like sewed stitching...love it!
SECOND FROM TOP: This photo shows some cool storage I got and in them are a TON of pattern paper, lots of embellishments like cut outs, stickers, chip board and more. There is also all my make and take kits in there too. Then I spread out a bunch of the smaller embellishments, metals, buttons and COOL Heidi Swapp paint and flowers!
THIRD ONE DOWN: This one shows all my coolio awesome tote bags I got including the one with all the "celeb" scrapper signitures on it! Fun stuff! Also more of the Cropper Hopper stuff I won and then a couple of MM mini pads of pattern paper in the new lines...lovin' that stuff! Also my big coolio prize, a Cropper Hopper FLAT PACK! So happy about that gift!
BOTTOM: This is the big one! TONS of awesome books, magazines, albums. I won a pack of goodies from MM that included a PURPLE photo album set with paper and the whole line of product!! MM Also gave us those cool tall round containers (look like wine bottle holders?) that are just insanely cute! We got the Elements books from CK and the big Rebecca Sower book too. So cool. Mini albums, chipboard letters, tons of ribbon and other kits. Then another 'biggie' was the QK Stamp set!!! It is a kit to turn any QK die into a stamp... so awesome!

So, these photos show you just a glimpse of what we all got... there is still so much more! I didn't take all the goodies out of the page kit bags and the class kits but they are all CHUCK FULL of goods too!

JEALOUS?

Kip said...

Looks totally fab!! And people wonder if you get your money's worth!! So glad you had a good time Darla.....(kip says patiently waiting for EF info............lololol)

Shar said...

Let me just say OOOOH MYYYY GOOOOD!!!! Darla, I'm so soooo jealous!! What an awesome pile of goodies and wow, what a fun time. If I don't get to go with you next year, I will admit myself to the loony bin. ROFL!!

(but don't hold me to that.... LOL)

So good to have you home
Shar :)

nickle831 said...

omg Darla it looks and sounds like ya'll had a great time! And yes there is drool... LOL

:Jayne said...

Amazing Darla! It sounds like a dream come true! I'm glad you had an awesome time, and got LOTS of stuff!

:Jayne