Thursday, May 11, 2006

BLOG CHALLENGE: Prom


Oh wow! This is sure a fun one Kath...thanks! LOL Well, here I am in 1987, just one dance I went to but this was the most formal of them all. This boy, and he was a boy, was a friend of mine's little brother...the cutest little curly haired kid! His date cancelled at the VERY last minute and my friend BEGGED me to go with him...he was so cute and sweet how could I say no? My sister and her friend and my cousin literally THREW me together for this dance, hair, makeup, flowers...all done within a matter of a couple hours time. I will admit, it was not the funnest dance (it was at our RIVAL High School) but the boy was so so sweet and kind. I think we danced all of 2 or 3 dances, did pictures and then went and watched movies at my house! The big story was this dress... oh my gosh how I LOVED this dress! I had bought it with my Mom's help the year before for a Sweetheart dance but then didn't end up wearing it because my date refused to wear a PINK tie and band!!! GUYS! Anyway, the dress was just gorgeeemous and at the tune of nearly $200 (WAY back then) I had to get SOME good use of it! hee hee

Darla 1987 Homecoming Dance

6 comments:

Kath said...

You're GORGEOUS!!! What a great dress, too - fun story - TFS. Kath

JulesinParadise said...

You look absolutely divine, dahlin'! Pretty lady!

Cindy Marchant said...

Wow,you even scrapped this!!! You're good. Lovely everything! LOL!

Cindy

The Queen of exclamation points!!!

crazydarla said...

OH YOU *DO* FLATTER ME LADIES! Go on..please...go on! and on! and on! hee hee Pretty in pink, back in the day for me! LOLOL

Shar said...

Oh Darla, those are priceless. HOW CUTE ARE YOU!!??? Love that you even scraped them. I got inspired this morning when I got the pics out. Perhaps a layout in the near future.....?? LOL.

Great photos!!!

Kip said...

You looked WONDERFUL and I loved that dress too!! He was so darling too!

kip