Monday, January 30, 2006

When life gives you lemons: MAKE SPAGHETTI!

So, I totally could not resist this title tonight.... it seems like when nothing else is going right and things are utter manic mode and you have no food, no money and no plans for one moment to the next....SPAGHETTI always saves the day! OK, let me emphasize, 1/2 my kitchen in packed into boxes, we have not gone grocery shopping because we dont' want to "MOVE" food, we really are strapped for money right now and the day was less than boring with so much going on. So, move over Betty Crocker, Darla is in the house and she is whipping up a mod podge pot of spaghetti with meatballs and misc sausage and a bit of sautee'd mushrooms with a dash of tomato juice and whatever else she could find to "bulk" it up! ROTF! Hey, it was tasty and everyone ate it!! SPAGHETTI TO THE RESCUE AGAIN. (damn lemons) :OP

The big move is going well...I have accomplished OOOODLES in the past 24 hours, several rooms of the house are pretty much ready to go aside from big furniture and everyday use items. I am feeling pretty organized and hope that the snow and rain will STOP for just a few days and things will dry up so we can start loading and moving things out. I had a gruesome discovery in the basement tonight while consolidating boxes and "junk"... all of our tents, airmat's and a sleeping bag were soaked and mildewed by a leak in the foundation thus leaving them pretty much gifts for the dumpster out back :O( What a HUGE mess and SO gross. Oh and let's no mention that we have a tent trauma on a regular basis, seems we go through them way too quickly. Grrr! Not a good way to blow more money.

Well, my aching neck, shoulders and back tell me it is time for some TLC and a nice hot tubby so I will close with the nasty mildew story, sorry if that leaves a bad vision for you. :O<>
Darla

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh Darla how so YOU GUYS!! hehehe Seriously that is just your luck. Anyways after you and Ed left us at WM, I asked Alex why he didn't talk to you two and he said both of your names--well as best he can. Ed and arla are your names now--he didn't enuciate the d very well in Ed's name but you could tell that's what he said and you could tell arla also. He kept saying them over and over--I just wish that we could have caught up with you but knowing him, he would have been very bashful again and not said your names. I thought you would get a big kick out of that. Anyways off to bed now but will check back tomorrow for a response (or later if need be).

Roo

crazydarla said...

Oh sweet lil' bug Alex me sander boy! I know he luvs me! LOL I will prolly be offline here in a day or so ... don't miss me too much!