Saturday, July 28, 2007

HOW COOL IS THAT???

OK I am just in the BEST mood right now. Totally had a huge suprize come my way today and put me up on cloud 9 to say the least!!!!
As you may (or may not) know, this past week was a tough one. We had family visiting from out of state, I was babysitting FT all week, had my bf go in for surgery and ending up with a lot of complications (and a alot of stress) and then I found out some not so great news on my thyroid situation. So, bottom line, by the time Friday rolled around I was worn out and stressed out and just ready to bury my head in the sand.
Well, insert HAPPY DANCE for today. This afternoon I went to get in my car to go pick up Chris from work and there in the front seat of my van sits a HUGE gift bag with bright funky colors poking up out of it and a card addressed to me! I open the card and get a huge congratulations note and words of encouragment. The card said it was from "The Monkeys" which is my online chat group that I have been with for quite some time. Some of these gals I have chatted with for 4 or 5 years... such a great group. They are from all over the country, well, even some from out of the country.... we all share the scrapbooking bond but so much more after all this time. Well, these gals have seen me through a year of ups and downs with my weight loss goals and treated me to a gift today. WHAT was it? It was a whole stinking shopping spree of cute new clothes! We are not talking WalMart stuff either here!! Some cute khaki shorts, a couple of extra long tank tops with the lace on them and several really cute shirts! TOTALLY knew just what I liked! WHAT A TREAT! So far I have not identified who engineered this whole suprize, but I am pretty sure I know who it was. Whoever it is that is involved, THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! You really perked me up and made me feel special and loved and OH so wonderful!

What a totally awesome day! How cool is that??

Darla

3 comments:

lynden_jen said...

Awww = that is awesome Darla!!! What a great pick-me-up, and it sounds like you totally needed (and deserved) it!! I wish I would have know about it, would have loved to been a part of something so fun!! You are a great inspiration and a great friend to many - including me!!

Hugs (and best wishes for a better week next week!!)

jennifer
lynden_jen

:Jayne said...

How cool is that? WOOOOHOOO!
What's goin' on with your thyroid? I've had thyroid troubles for over 30 years, so if you need someone to talk to let me know okay?

:J

Kip said...

Sounds like a big biscuit day for you girlfriend! Do you know that Ali Edwards just found out she has thyroid problems too so you're in good company.