Wednesday, July 11, 2007

4th of July and Food Choices




Well, it has been a week and I am finally getting some pictures up from the 4th of July. It is a HUGE deal here in Idaho Falls and I have tons of photos but I am too impatient today to get them all on here so these few will have to get you through. (I especially wanted to put the photo of Ed in the tall patriotic hat, loved it!)
We had a great 4th, went to the parade in the morning, played and bbq'd all afternoon and had THE yummiest fajita/mexican food for dinner thanks to Ed's sister Carla. That night we went to the BIG fireworks show that is put on down at the river. We have one of the largest firework shows in the nation and this year was exceptionally awesome! I think they said we had 30,000 people at the parade and over 50,000 at the fireworks? THAT is huge for a small town like ours! SO fun!! Also, that night we did our own fireworks out in the street - set up chairs in the driveway and did a good hours worth of them, so cool.

So, on to today's normal stuff. Food. I have to say, right now I am really angry at food. LOL Yes, angry. I am really having a hard time with my will power right now and rather than beat myself up I figure it is easy to just blame it on all those yummy tempting foods out there, after all, I don't think I can hurt their feelings? Can I? Seriously though, after this past week of family, holidays, travels and such, the house has been filled with lots of extra JUNK and I have fallen victim to many many poor choices. I don't know why I do it either because after the fact I get so angry with myself. It is just that "in the moment" I can justify 100 reasons that it is OK to eat the stuff, then afterwords I feel simply horrid. Both physically and emotionally. So, aside from locking the cupboards, throwing out the food or posting notes on every box and pkg to "remind" me to be good....what do I do? So flustered.
I sat down and wrote out new goals today. I also have been looking at photos of myself. Even went and searched through my closet at my clothes. ALL things that normally really inspire me to get in the right train of mind again. The funny part is, I totally love my salads and veggies, love steamed foods, not fried, love my gallons and gallons of water. I love going to the gym, feeling the burn of a good workout. I love how it all makes me feel. I love being a different person. So WHY can't I do this one thing? It makes me totally question myself in so many weird ways. Very very hard to deal with right now. So, if you have any suggestions, please, feel free to share them because I am at the end of my straw with myself.

OK off and running, gonna take the kids to the park for a few min before I pick up Chris from work. Take care.
Darla

No comments: