Thursday, November 16, 2006

My fat butt.

OK you may or may not want to read this... but hey, I am more documenting for myself than sharing so if you want to go ahead, if not. Stop now.

Back in Aug, I went to a seminar about weight loss surgery. Not the traditional gastric, a newer fandangled thing. Suffice to say, it scared the BEGEEBERS out of me. Nope, not what I am looking for. So, starting in Aug I began a weight loss lifestyle change of my own. Small baby steps. No running out, buying shakes, Atkins diet kind of thing. I began slow, and have continued slowly, little bittty baby steps. The reason I am posting this is that I wanted to "list" all these baby steps and show myself just how HUGE they really are.

- Cut out pop (diet or reg) completely 100% no longer a soda drinker
- Started drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day (8 oz each)
- Began eating MUCH more veggies, salads, whole grains, and lower fat and calorie foods
- Started walking, excersizing and moving several times a week
- Increased my walking endurance by LEAPS and BOUNDS
- Have been able to actually JOG (for just a min or so) on the treadmill (THIS IS HUGE!)
- I have lost to date almost 20 pounds AND over 25" of FAT off my body
- I feel great! Look great! (or at least better) and I am not tired all the time!
- I have been able to get into some old clothes
- My skin on my face is clearer and my "monthy" time is not as bad

really, I could go on and on, but the bottom line for me is that I CAN do this on my own and I AM doing a great job. Yes, it is slow, I'd love to be loosing 20 # or more a month, who wouldn't? But realistically, I am doing things the way I should and I feel really really good about my choices.

HUGE THANK YOU to my family and friends and sisters who are backing me up and pushing me forward to keep on going. YOU GUYS ROCK!

The SKINNY Chicken Darla

3 comments:

Shar said...

You are really doing a fabulous job, Darla!! I'm so proud of you. You inspire and motivate me. :)

and I see that I said pretty much the same thing that Robin said. LOL But it's true and it bears repeating.

YOU ROCK!

cindy said...

You are doing awesome...surely inspiring me....i am trying and making just a little progress....maybe you can keep me going!
cindylouwho

cindy said...

You are doing awesome...surely inspiring me....i am trying and making just a little progress....maybe you can keep me going!