Tuesday, March 14, 2006

DRIVER: "Slow down and let me off the ride..."

I keep thinking things will settle down. The big move. The kids new school. Changes in routine. So on and so forth. Sometimes I feel like I am on one of those twirly whirly rides at the amusement park that goes around....and around.... so fast, so dizzy. JEZZZZZZ SLOW DOWN!
However, I have discovered *I* am the driver! What a reality check! I need to slow it down, reschedule, reevaluate my time. Me. 100% me. Wow....so, now I have no one to blame but myself I guess I can quit with the excuses and make a better game plan? Hmmm

OK so, since the move, I have made a priority of the housework, somewhat of a schedule for cleaning and I (if I say so myself) feel really good about that. I have never kept such a clean house. 6 weeks of clean dishes, made beds... caught up laundry?! WHERE IS DARLA? LOL
I have also gotten good at my sleep patterns. Going to bed earlier and getting up with the kids and NOT coming home to go back to bed. again...WHERE IS DARLA? Anyone who knows me KNOWS this is SO not me. But these are good changes and I need to stick with them, good routine. So, I taxi kids, I clean house, I sleep well... I am cooking more, spending more time with the kids... what am I missing? Why do I still feel so spread out? Ed and I have not been doing date night on Sat night... no pull there. I have not been going scrapping. No pull there. I guess I just need to squeeze in some ME time and feel more balanced?

OK so if you read this, I totally just had a conversation with my wee little brain and figured something out. I need some play time...for me or alone with just dh?! Is that what I figured out?

yea.... I need off the ride, I am getting dizzy! ROTFLMBO!

2 comments:

Karalyn & Jason said...

Hey D!

Sorry to hear you're leaving CKMB - I'm still going to go, but I usually lurk now. Too much going on! Love checking on your blog as we haven't talked in forever. I'm trying to get better about posting on mine. No huge news.

Found a house we like and are hoping it will still be on the market in April sometime.

Anyway, still no calls for HOF going out yet - so I'm trying not to get my hopes up! Haha!

Well, I'll talk to you later - or maybe just get messages back and forth on here! HA!

Love ya and big hugs! :)
K

:Jayne said...

I love your self conversation. I used to say that some days it was the most intelligent conversation I had!
YOU do have to make me time. YOU also need to make ED time. When my kids were the same age as yours, DH and I had a standing appt for breakfast one weekend morning a week. Was it glamorous? No! 99% of the time we ate at the Waffle House 4 blocks down the street. It was close and the boys could call if someone was bleeding, dying or not breathing.
It sounds like you are doing awesome. A new house will do that for you! But remember take care of DARLA!

:J