Tuesday, March 09, 2010

playing around a little













Darla -still working on that creative mo-jo -
still....
I used to create papercrafts like a mad woman
I am not sure what happened but I have to get
in the mood now - inspired - whatever

I talked with someone today who told me I need
to find "purpose" in each day - if it be to
accomplish a household task or other chore out
of the ordinary, or to find a creative outlet,
or a physical goal (ah hemmm) - whatever, just
don't let myself get drawn down by the day to
day hum drum of life bc THAT is when your inner
demons get to you - LIVE life, dont' just EXSIST!

So, since I was not feeling well today and stayed
home I have been playing with paper a little - in
between my nausea and ick moments and these are what
I came up with....

The card was TOTALLY inspired by this
blog... http://www.lauravegas.typepad.com so cute!
I love how mine turned out! (Letter stickers ARE
THE BOMB!)

The bag was deeply thought out and inspired by
this blog http://www.flkipper.typepad.com/
... and I appriciate her willingness
to let me scraplift from her! :O)
THANKS KIP!! I used wallpaper
samples for most of the bag along with some old and
saved paper scraps from days gone by, a few yardsale
vintage stamps and lots n lots of inking... and the
paper bag is from the liquor store! LOL I just went
in and asked for a few and they were really nice
about it! I really like this a lot and plan on doing
some more - I have a HUGE box of wallpaper samples
and can visualize many ideas from it!

Enjoy!
:O) Darla

2 comments:

Shar said...

Oh so pretty!!! The bag turned out really nice, Darla. And the card is super cute too. But the bag....really lovely! :) Nice work.

Kip said...

They both came out great Darla and I especially love the bag!!!