Saturday, March 20, 2010

My siblings...



ALL of Mom's Kids - The older 4 and then the 3 "little girls"








So, while going through photos tonight I came across the photos from
our Mom's funeral - it's been almost 2 years and I still miss her SO
much everyday. We took a lot of opportunity to take photos at her
services because with such a 'blended' family who knows when or if
we will ever see some family members again.

I talk of my two closest sisters a lot - Carlee and Lisa... we are
all three from the same "batch" (aka same parents) but there are
12 kids all together. The three oldest from Dad - Gordon, Linda M.
and Bobby... then our Mom had two daughters - Sandy and Sherann...
then there were Carlee, Lisa and myself when they got married. After
Mom died, Dad remarried again and Edna (our step-mom who raised us)
had 4 children of her own from 2 prev marriages - Don, Joyce, Mig
and Linda B. I was the youngest of all of them and was pretty much
raised with all of them around soooo they are all my siblings!

Anyway, wanted to share a couple of photos - one is of Carlee and her
hubby Tony
- then there is Lisa with her three children, Mindy, Jeff
and Joseph and then the three of us girls
-lastly is the photo of all "Mom's" kids - the children our
stepmom raised from end to end:
Darla, Lisa, Mig, Don, Joyce, Carlee, Linda B.
Not everyone made it to the services due to some
circumstances but most were there.
I wanted to do this at Dad's funeral 13 years ago and no one
woudl comply and that is the last time all 12 were together
in one place at one time -
now our brother Bobby has passed away and we will never have that
back. :O(
Photos are SO important! SO SO SO IMPORTANT! Even if a funeral seems
an 'unoportune' time - get those photos!
So, there is my 'share' and 'preach' for the day.
Enjoy!
Darla

No comments: