Thursday, November 13, 2008

Still Alive and Kicking!

Been a hectic week but surviving it all.... I'll be around more this weekend ok?

Did want to report though two things. One, I had a HUGE weight loss this week and I fully 100% attribute it to the change up in diet of adding the protien shakes a couple of times a day. I am NOT doing meal replacement (alot have asked) but I am adding them to my daily diet. I found I was not getting enough protien and I think that was my huge plateau - my body was hanging onto nutrients and storing fat, or at least that is what I think. So after all that time (since July) of hanging at a 3-4 lb weight rangs I am FINALLY down! This week I had a whopping 8 lbs and 4 oz loss!!!!
Yes, that is about the size of my third child at birth! Woahh!

Secondly, I am trying to run two times a day now. A.M. and P.M.! I think on my work days I'll probably only do one but we'll see how it works out. I am up over a mile again and feeling really good about it! Pushing towards that 2 mile mark once again!

That is all for now..... more later!
Darla


PS my trusty ol' camera is being finicky and not holding battery charge at all - since a set of batteries run about $10 a pack I am getting tired of it so no new photos for now... sorry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darla would you share your protein shake or brand, i feel the same way, I don't get enough protein...but it seems like so many supplements are high in sugar or fillers and protein bars are to high in carbs.