Thursday, November 20, 2008

Almost there

Almost to Friday, thank you Jesus. It has been a crazy long week. Crazy long 2 weeks actually. Will be glad when next week rolls around and we can get away for a while. I think I need it so much.
Weight was down a tad this a.m. agian - good thing too - don't think I could have taken a hit there. Feeling like a lot of hard work and focus is doing very little good. Being great with foods for a change but struggling with workouts and running which needs to be my main thing. I just have this almost "dread" in the pit of my stomach that running in the snow (which will be here too soon) is going to be a nightmare and totally will throw off anything I have built up to. Of course, I KNOW I can do other things than run, but that has seemed to be the most effective workout for me so now what? Also not seeing the results on my body like I did when I started to run, I am wanting to see dramatic change like I did before, that is always a downer too, but I know I'll get there someday, I pray anyway! Just need to get a grip, refocus and get back to a good place. Grrrr! Maybe if I get mad I'll get determined? Not my way, but might just work LOLOL!
Off to the dentist to see what is up with my rotten teeth. Danggit! I thought I'd seen the last of him for a while.....

Be good.
Darla

1 comment:

Wildflower said...

loDon't you go getting down on yourself! All your hard work is TOTALLY paying off, even if it doesn't seem like it now. Just hang in there girl!! :0) As for the running part...do you have a treadmill at home or a place to put one? About 3 years ago when Chris stopped swimming at the health club on the other side of town and followed his coach out to the HS by my house to continue swimming, I had to give up my membership...no more treadmill and eliptical for me! I had no time to go clear to the other side of the valley to work out. So. I used the lay-away program at Kmart to get me a treadmill (the kind where the running deck fold up). It has minimal impact on the pocketbook that way and now I don't really have bad weather as an excuse (or anything else for that matter!)not to walk/run. May be an idea for you to help you continue your running routine when it is nasty out.