Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Big Day In History For America




Anyone who knows me, knows I am NOT a politics kind of girl. I don't follow many issues and don't read up, study, ponder or worry too much about any of it. ( I know, shame on me) However, last night watching the election for US President unfold was very interesting and I loved watching the two men give their speeches after the job was done.
McCain was very gracious and smart and I loved that he encouraged American's to support our new leader as Amercian's rather than oppose him as party members - It was quite dissapointing that many in his audience boo-ed his mention of Obama's name.
On the other hand, Obama's speech was uplifting and awesome as well and what a turn in things when he honored McCain's efforts and his audience cheered the man who has served our country valiantly and put forth such effort in this election process. Both speeches were touching and I thought they both rose to the occasion with grace and dignity - too bad both audiences didn't follow lead.
Anyway, it will be great to sit back and watch the new presidency unfold and bloom and hopefully lead us to a new great time for our nation - and what a milestone for our country!

Darla

No comments: