Friday, November 07, 2008

Anyone Up for A Run Today?





Going to be a long day - I so needed to sleep in - but couldn't. O'well. So, hubby is off to the dentist in a bit and I think I'll go drag my butt out into the cold for a good L O N G run and jog. I have really slacked off and not only does my body need it but I think my mind does too! It is so nice to have the time to just clear your brain and really just think all to yourself!

Also, we saw an old friend last night who has been training for 'cage fighting' and holy cow does she look great!!!! Not sure how old she is, maybe late 20's? But she is so buff and looks fab, I am so proud of her!

We were talking about the adrenaline rush you get with workouts and even her fighting, and honestly I have missed that feeling. I was to a point with my running at one time where my head just sort of took over my body and there was no "thinking" about what I was doing, just the surge of energy to go further and harder and longer. I miss that - it is very very cleansing and invigorating!!

I kept hearing for the longest time that you hit a point where you don't say "this hurts, I am tired... I can't breathe..." and I thought everyone was pshyco - but it is true! I want, ok, no, I NEED to be back to that place! So, today I am going to push it big time!

Not much else to report - just getting kids outta here for school and Ed up for the dentist. Whoopee.

More later - be good!!!!!
Darla

No comments: