Monday, October 13, 2008

Today IS The Day!




Well, today is the day. After staying home for over 4 years, I am back to work! Now, I know, staying home, being Mom, running the house and all the tons of babysitting I have done is MORE than work, but back into the workforce - ya know....

So, I go in at 9:00 a.m. for orientation and to start training. I am blind in this whole thing too. Have no idea what my schedule or hours will be, no idea what my rate of pay will be either. LOL! I have never worked in the Hotel industry and have really no clue what I am in for - but hey, I am up for the challenge! :O)

Had a good start to the morning. After fighting off a UTI all weekend and feeling super cruddy most of the day Sunday, I was determined today would start off right! I got up and went out for a run - did 2 miles with 1.1 of it run - not too bad considering it was freakin' 27 degrees outside! BRRRR! But, it was good and got my engine revved up for the day. I am really excited to go!

On the negative side - I didn't do much on the health front this weekend. Not much fitness or good foods. I really over endulged myself - and the scales showed it this a.m. too. :O( That is ok though bc I am on a new plan and new schedule and I'll do just fine! Still plan to make or break my goal by Thanksgiving so keep cheerin' me on!

Off to get the kids all rounded up and outta here then get dressed and ready to go myself! Have a GREAT day folks and a wonderful week ahead!
Darla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darla-
I am constantly checking your blog! You are very exciting and inspirational. It seems I feel as if I have always known you! Thank you so much for for blogging!
*Cass