Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good Golly Miss Molly them there are some GREAT Jeans!



OK so I am on the quest for the best fitting jeans in the whole wide world. Not for now. For later. Well, not even wanting to buy them now. Not yet. But in the world of good weight loss - jeans are a big factor. Seriously! I have read many a great blog about women who have the ultimate "goal" of a cerain size or style of jean. Now I join those ranks. LOL
I had this megga awesome talk with a lady from Church tonight (who I just know is going to be a great new friend!!!) and in our discussion it occurred to me that I go down a jean size for every 10 - 15 lbs I lose. COOL!!!
That means not only will I fit comfortably (major point here) in those cute lil' size 18's I have (I CAN pour myself into them now but it all but cuts off circulation to my upper torso) but soon enough I could possibly make it to even a 16! A SIZE 16 people! That is huge - why you ask? Well, 16 is like, a NORMAL size and one down from that is 14 and one down from that is 12 -- and size 12, that is my goal!!!! I have not been a 12 since I graduated from HS almost 20 years ago and oh yea, I am soooo goin' back!!!!
OK now I have to go back a few weeks. My older sis Carlee (the weight loss wonder girl) and I were discussing jeans and how it is important to find ones that fit right. She was telling me for years she bought Gloria Vanderbilt, so does our other sister, Lisa, and they loved them. Me, not so much. All about size and proportions. Also Lee jeans, not so good for me. So then Carlee mentions the golden word in the perfect jeans world : THE GAP! Now that she has nearly made her goal (she is only 10 lbs away!!) and down to a size freakin' 6 pant, she is ready to make the plunge into a good, expensive, well fitting jean. She is ready to go shop at The Gap! GO CARLEE!
So then that of course brings me to this-- if and when I ever DO reach my goal of size 12's (I will someday soon) do I go all nuts and spend the bookoo bucks on the "perfect jeans" or not? I mean size 12 may not seem huge to some, but to me it is and it is very worthy of jeans 1/2 the price of a trip to the moon... but when it boils down to it, do you do it? or not? I mean $60-$110 for a pair of jeans? For real? I guess that would/could be a heckuva reward but man! I could buy a LOT of jeans for that much moolah - and then there is the ever looming thought of "could I really and truly ever look THAT good in a pair of Gap jeans?" After all, I am 37 *GULP!* and the mother of 4 kids!!! Good gads! Could I really pull it off?
Input please...

Darla

2 comments:

Wildflower said...

Darla...you deserve to splurge and treat yourself to the most fantastic pair of jeans you can find!! I know I about go into convulsions at the thought of spending $$$ like that on myself, but darn it, we all deserve to treat ourselves to something awesome once in a while, be it a fab pair of shoes, a cute new purse or a killer bottle of perfume. And if you don't want to go whole hog on the price, try looking in some of the consignment shops...you can find the expensive Lucky, Gap and Abercrombie jeans for a fraction of what they are new in the store. And keep up the good work on the running girl!! You are awesome!!!!

:Jayne said...

OH HECK YES you are buying those jeans! I don't care if you are 50 when you hit that goal weight, YOU buy those jeans! You deserve it!
:J