Thursday, October 09, 2008

How to break that STINKIN' weight loss Plateau...


OK so I realized today, finally, that I am at what they call "A Plateau" in my weight loss journey. It has been a couple of months and I am stuck. Knee deep. I am stuck. Thankfully I am not gaining... so thankfully, but it is really discouraging to be where I am. *sigh* So, I have been researching online and in my magazines about weight loss plateau-ing and here is what I found. Hope it helps someone, and if not, it is reassuring to me to know I am not all alone and maybe by rehashing them out here with myself I will learn something that will help! :O) Darla

How to break a plateau...
- Trick your body, change up your routines with foods and workouts, your body apparently becomes accustomed to your fitness routines and diet so make it think!
- Increase your weight training (hmmm DARLA!!) and build up more muscle because that will burn more fat... (I knew that...) and don't worry about getting all beefy bc women don't generally get that way
- Cut carbs back a little - not all - don't go all Atkins crazy, just watch the carbs a little closer
- Increase your protien so that you can build that muscle that burns that fat
- Eat smaller more frequent meals
- Zig zag your calorie counting, high one day, low one day, again, tricking your body so that it does not know what to expect and speeds up the metabolism
- Do "bursts" during workouts - speed up for 30-60 seconds periodically through your cardio workouts

So far that is all I have found. The other (and obvious thing) is to not be a slave to the scales but to use other measurements. Measure your body by inches and keep a pair of "goal jeans" to work towards - eventually they'll fit right! :O) Trust me on that, I know!!!!!! Hope this helps someone else along with me - I am going to give it a try! If all else fails I wil just have to call Jillian in to cuss my butt out and Bob to dry my tears. LOL

Darla

No comments: