Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I may just die but I won't lose a dollar.

I am doing THIS right now..... http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
and it is kicking my butt! I will do it though - and I will conquer it all! Sore legs, burning shins, cramping calves, all of it - for a BUCK! Yup, a good old fashioned dollar (well, maybe more than one). You see, since my surgery I have had a far from easy time getting back into shape. Getting back into my workout routine has been very difficult. I am still holding the extra lbs and I am miserable over it all. Never fear LISA IS HERE! Yes, my dearest buddy and pusher Lisa is getting me over this hurdle in life in the fat lane. Lisa challenged me to do this Couch to 5K training with her and we are required to do 5 days a week. IF you miss more than 2 days - you owe the other person a dollar for each day missed. WELL - I simply cannot afford to pay her a dollar and more than that, I refuse to let her win this one and I am pushing forward with all my mind, heart and soul! (and sore legs) We are nearing the end of the first week and I keep thinking "THIS SHOULD GET EASIER" but somehow it is not. Maybe that is the beauty of the program?? I don't know but I'll keep going until my legs shrivel up and fall off.
If you ever thought of wanting to run a 5k (or in my case trot it LOL :O) this is a great plan - if I can do it anyone can!

Have a great one!
Darla

No comments: