Monday, October 29, 2007

Crazy few days


Has been a good weekend - almost glad it is Monday other than I could have slept in much much later if I'd been allowed! LOL Will have a busy day today with house, kids, laundry, workout and my Couch to 5K training! Also going to carve pumpkins with the kiddos tonight too! Lots to do - lots to do!

Thurs night we went to dinner with some of the other Mgrs at Ed's work at Chili's. Seems they do this about every other Thurs night and is fun but we go out with friends on Sat nights EVERY week so this is not something we can do too often unfortunatly. It was nice though, visited, laughed, and had some divine food and company!
Fri night we were invited to a Adult Halloween Costume party from one of Ed's co-workers. What a HOOT! There was not a huge crowd but some great folks, very nice and friendly and some crazy costumes! My fave was a guy dressed up like a redneck hick with the goofy teeth, jug o' somethin' he was drinking and the whole setup! At one point he sat down and rolled up his shirt over his belly and proceeded to conjour' up some sort of bellybutton lint ball and had us laughing hysterically! Way fun! Lots of great snacks and lots of drinking (not for us, although I did have a Diet Dr Pepper) and even some cool tunes. The guys played some poker although it didn't get too serious! LOL Oh and Ed and I dressed as Football Players - cheesy but easy and cute I thought!
Sat night is usually our date night with Blake and Lisa but since we'd been out the prev 2 nights we told them we'd have to make it an "in" night of games or something, I guess they needed the "out" night so they went to a dinner and movie - which is cool- we all need some alone time! Missed our normal routine greatly but we had a good night ourselves. Chris got some cool decorating done as seen in my previous post and I spent a good majority of my afternoon/evening doing scrapbooking things. My message board I chat on hosted a Scrap in your Jammies weekend and I had tons of challenges and games to play. I did almost all of the challenges too! Way fun!
Sunday was Church, too bright and early for me! I SO could have slept in! We had to go though because Ed and Dani sang a duet and it was beautiful! Loved every second of it. They are so talented! After Church we came home and hung out, Ed took Micheal for a haircut and I did some more scrapbooking things and that was about it. We had a nice lasagna dinner and watched some tv and then it was bedtime.
Soooooo that is what is going on in our world - how about you?

Darla

1 comment:

CmyEarth said...

It's great to see you back!!!!

What a fun yard-you put me waayy to shame! I wouldn't expect anything less of you and Ed. It's fun to see the kids carrying on!
Have a great Halloween week.