Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It takes all kinds my Dad used to say....

So..... I was a good girl, I got up and go my butt down to the YMCA for my workout today, so proud of myself. First time I have gone without the hubby and or kids.... all alone, free to let my mind wander and just have some "me" time ... me and the weights, me and the treadmill, me and the WEIRDOS!!!!!!! yes, the weirdos were out and where did they go? THE YMCA OF COURSE!!

Ok so I get there and do my mini warm up on the recumbant bike, have my headphones on, rockin' out to The Eagles Greatest Hits....Desperado... yadda yadda... and just above the sound of my tunes I hear some sort of chanting or something?? OK turn the music up, keep going... nope, there it is again, "Peace to all... may we all have peace..." hmmmm um, OK? Turn up the music some more, blast my lil' eardrums... "Peace to all, may we all have peace ".... OK DUDE A PIECE OF WHAT?????????????????????? Yee gads! Shush up already, I am trying to relax!! I dont' want no peice or peace or whatever. HUSH IT UP! So, I get off the warmup and start into the weight resistance training... and I get a picture of this dude... tall, skinny guy, bright Barney purple sweats (too short), yellow ball cap, glasses as thick as pop bottle bottoms.... reading a book on Budism and walking the treadmill. Ahhh yes, and the STENCH of odor coming from him, not a good thing. No wonder he was calling out peace signs to all. So, I go about my weight training and all the while he is chanting and meditating (very loudly) and I hear a few comments.... apparently he is a regular , ahhh great. I get to the end of my weights and he finishes up his treadmill.... proceeds to walk through the entire fitness facility and bow to each and every peice of excersize equipment (as if to thank it) and to each and every person, ME TWICE... and then goes off to talk to someone at the desk. Ummmmmmmm OK?! Yes, it takes all kinds.

Oh no, I am not done yet. Ohhh no no no...

OK so I then go get on the treadmills (so thankful that Mr Barney is done) and here comes Jack Black himself. This dude is all dressed in black boots, jeans and button up shirt, dark shaggy hair and beard/mustach... NOT quite the dress code for working out, but hey, better than ol' Barney right? Maybe not. He proceeds to lean in my direction on the neighboring treadmill and look at my screen.... I am at 2.8 so he moves his up to 2.8....... a few minutes pass, I turn mine up to 3.0 and he does too... I go up to 3.2 and so does he.... get the idea? So....I just cranked up the ol' ACDC music (Back in Black .... go figure??) and march away. Well, my 30 minutes are up and I move back over to the recumbant bike.... oh and here comes my friend Jack Black!!!! GEESH!!!
Now, maybe it was my fault, I was not wearing my wedding rings and I may have been looking unusually attractive in my cut off sweats and too tight white teeshirt with hair up in a sweaty pony tail........but um, yea, he freaked me out.

So, after I finished up my time on that machine I left. (and made sure neither of them followed me out the door!) EECK!

1 comment:

katie said...

EEEEEWWWWWW!!!! Icky, makes a girl NOT wanna work out, but don't let them discourage you--yes, go ahead and talk to the guy that works there, he can keep an eye out for you. And keep up the good work!!! Remember, most people flake out by the end of January anyway....so the wierdos will hopefully go too.
katie