Sunday, January 21, 2007

Catching Up is Hard to Do....

OK I have SO much to talk about, SO much to share.....don't even know where to start! Geesh! I will just give a re-cap of the last week or so I guess and then I will get some photos on here later today too. Thanks for waiting around....just crazy life these days.

So. last Sat we had Micheal's 6th Bday party, went to a local pizza/kids play place, had immediate family and a couple of family friends join us. Kids played, we all gorged ourselves on tator tots and pizza and then cake and ice cream. It was a nice, fun evening and the kids all wore themselves out. Wow! Can't believe my "baby" is 6 years old! *sniff sniff*

Sunday we had Church and basically hung out, not a lot going on but I did babysit the majorty of the afternoon and then all evening for my sister's 3 kids..... they played with ours and basically got along pretty well. Later in the evening I took the kids to their house and put them to bed, did some housework for my sis as she is burried with "life" these days (more on that coming) and what else was I going to do for 2 hours? LOL

Monday was a Holiday/ teachers work day at school so the kiddies were home, sort of hung around, played with friends and stuff. Nothing too major. After being out the prev Friday too for a snow day, Mom was SO OVER the long weekend and ready for them to be back in classes on Tuesday. Tuesday was more of the same ol' same ol' going on, kids, house, school, oh, and playing taxi with dh and ds as we are still down to just the one car. Also older dd had a Church activity that night which turned out to be a scrappy night so I went and hung out with her there.

WED morning (aka Tues night) all heck broke loose!!!! At about 3 am my honey woke me up telling me he was super sick and in a lot of pain...after a short wait and other factors I loaded him up and took him to the E.R. Ahhhhhhh the culprit?? KIDNEY STONES! ick! (been there done that myself a few times so sympathy was at an all time high for him) So, after a VERY long morning in the E.R we were shipped upstairs to the floor where he was admitted for meds to control things...... all day Wed and Thurs we kept at it....... talk about LONG days!! Finally late Thurs night he passed that sucker and then was able to come home Friday about noon. All the while Wed-Friday I had things going on with the kids, church, and other family members (one of which whom is also in the hospital) and FRANTIC - STRESSED - and EMOTIONAL were the three key words for my life. I only had one major meltdown (not bad imo) and then got tough.
I had a few wonderful people to give me tlc and helped out, big thanks to them, you know who you are. So, Fri we got dh home and so far so good.......

Wanted to mention, Wed evening I did get to go to the card class at Church I'd been preparing for, my good buddy Robin helped out and did a card technique and the gals loved it! Although we were few in numbers and my mind was 10000000 miles away, I still had fun and think that break was what kept me from going totally "postal" later in the week. LOL

Sat was a good day, got some housework done, kids got to hang with friends, we even rearranged some furniture (to make way for dh's new BIG freakin' TV). Sat night we went out to a nice dinner with our friends, so good to get out, and then came home to hang out. OH and other big news... the kids got dirt bikes and are excited to get this snow melted and get out on them to play!!

In other news.......I am forgetting lots of stuff here........ we got a new dog this week, in the midst of all this chaos the ding dong thing ran away the first day we had him OYE that was fun...NOT! He is a black cocker spaniel, "Hershey" is his name, and he is NOT my dog... dh's and our oldest son... not mine. I will not (refuse to) bond in any way shape or form with this mutt and have 101 reasons why although I won't go into that now. LOL Also got a way cool pkg in the mail yest from an online scrappy buddy, Nichole, she totally treated me and I am LOVING the stuff she sent, a giant organizational binder, two super COOL looking storage boxes, a mini scrap kit 'grad' themed, and a ton of fun embellies too! LOVE having that come to me! Felt so special all afternoon!!!

Gosh, not much else, of course you are all sick of reading by now... LOL I am sure I missed a few things, but I think I got most of it. I did have a long night last night (Sat/Sun) as my sis was sick too and I ended up taking HER to the ER as well.......but she is fine, just overwhelmed and overstressed with things. So, I will end it here , for now, and then I'll add some pix and also update anything else I remember that I forgot ROTFLMBO!

SMILES :O) Darla

No comments: