Sunday, September 03, 2006

Happy things.....


HAPPY SPACE! This is just one of my happy things... or places, I guess. This is my little corner of the world in our home where I sit and scrapbook and chat onine and email and design and create and talk on the phone........this is Mom's Space! I love all my pretty ribbons and flowers.....my stacks of beautifully textured cardstock.....yumm! I love love love my big flat screen monitor dh bought me....... and all the other goodies you can't see here, my awesome printer, hot pink computer case, my stash of pattern paper (more like warehouse), all my paints and embellishments and other goodies. Why is it that all these THINGS make me so giddy happy? Sometimes I just love to sit and LOOK at these goodies.........silly? no. I guess that just knowing that these are MY things that are all for ME and all about ME is very satisfying. I mean, being a Mom and doing everything for your family , which I love to do, it is sometimes hard to feel 'rewarded' for your work. I can do 3 sinks full of dishes, 7 loads of laundry, taxi kids all over kingdom come and no one so much as smiles and says 'thanks'.... you know? So, I think at the end of the day, when I have given and given of myself, my time, my 'talents', even though I love to do these things for my family, it is sort of a self reward to sit down in my own private lil' haven and enjoy the things that are just all about Mom.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!

No comments: