Saturday, October 15, 2005

Personal Moral Thoughts...

I had an enlightening experience this evening. Went out with some friends, dinner and a movie. We had breifly discussed the movie rating on our choice and then somehow ended up going to the show that was indeed R rated when we had (or so we thought) decided to go to the PG13. OK so we are all adults, grow up, deal with it, right? Or not? The show was VERY hysterical and had tons and tons of good laughs... it also had outrageously vulgar language AND a lot of sexual content. ALOT. So, in the midst of laughter and literally tears (from the laughter) the moral dilemna tugged....finally, one of our party got up and walked out. A while later her spouse up and walked out. Sad part was, the vulgar parts slowed down and the end of the show wound up being much more mellow and equally as funny and it ended in a good sweet love story. After the show we discussed how it had made the one gal feel and I 'sort' of felt guilty, yet, sort of felt like it was not a big deal. I guess the biggest frustration with this is that I know it is not the type of entertainment our religious beliefs would stand for... so essentially I would be denouncing what I believe in... ahhhhhhhhh morals... such a fine line and such a personal choice. I guess rambling on about it is not an answer hugh? I think I have found my own answer...or I knew it all along. *sigh*

No comments: