Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Life In Idaho

I was just sitting here reading a fellow bloggers notes about the hurricanes and latest news in Florida and thinking how grateful I am for my happy home in Idaho! Now some, they may think we are in 'po dunk ville' up here in Idaho, but in reality, this is THE place to be! I have several reasons I love it here, I guess maily cuz' I have never lived anywhere else LOL but honestly it is a wonderful state! We get all 4 seasons, in all degrees, we rarely have a natural disaster... only a handful I can think of. In my lifetime, Teton Dam, Challis Earthquake, Valentine Day Microburst storm and the flood in 97'. That is not too bad! The Teton Dam was of course, a man made disaster so that really doesn't even count, right? LOL So, I will take the 100+ degree heat a few days in the summer and the nasty windy snow storms in the winter...and I will relish the lovely springtime (even with snow on EAster) and the gorgous fall days (with snow on Halloween) and just be content!!! If I ever had to leave, I dont' know that I would go far...maybe to Oregon or Washington? I have no desire to head into disaster areas...hurricanes, floods, earthquakes OR anywhere with extreme heat and humidity issues! I could not make it, if I did not turn into a giant ball of stress I would bake to death! LOL I LOVE IDAHO!

Darla

1 comment:

crazydarla said...

AMEN Sista!!! ;O) I love it here! Glad you do too!