Sunday, October 16, 2005

I FINALLY Figured it out...Why the sad mood today?

Feeling a tad blue today. Literally. I originally thought that I was just having some Sunday blahhs... You know, the lazy, do-nothing kind of day that often just rushes by us and before you realize it, bedtime is upon you? Well, I just could not shake that feeling today, I even took on some scrapbook shopping therapy and it just didn't 'do it' for me. I went and took a splurge visit with a good friend this afternoon... great time, but still that feeling lingered. Cooked dinner, watched some TV, did the family thing... nope, still that big blue blob of unhappiness floated above me! WHAT ?! WHAT IS IT? Well, I finally sat down here at my computer day planner to work on my schedule for tommorrow and THERE IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Today is the day that we lost my Daddy 9 years ago. Not something I usually "note" in my book to remember...not a day I tend to dwell on or whatever you want to call it. The funny thing is, just yesterday I thought about it, yet I must have put it out of my mind. I don't know, just odd that I literally forgot overnight. Well, I am certain that this was the reason for my gloomy day but it was totally subconcious, isn't that wild how our minds protect our spirits? So, some years I move right along through this date, some years are harder than others, this year was not necessarily hard, but, I still have my moments where I hear or see something that sure reminds me of Dad. I miss him, there is no doubt, and I am not a believer that time heals your heart...but I think time makes you more fond of the memories, more appriciative of those special times, even the not so special times! I love to sit with my sisters and reminicse of Dad and his oddball ways! What a tender hearted, stubborn, pushover, kind, friendly, cowpoke of a man!!!
I miss ya Dad! XOXO

2 comments:

Shar said...

BIG HUGS!!! :( I'm glad you finally figured out the reason for the dark cloud.

crazydarla said...

Thanks! I didn't realize I was posting my 'life' there...he he I went a little deep, but hey, what the heck! Thanks for peekin'!