Thursday, February 07, 2008

Loved This

While at Church on Sunday, a talk was given by a gal who lives around the block from us.... she is a really strong lady but a super tenderheart too - I really enjoy her when she speaks. Her talk was super interesting but the closing remarks struck me and I had to call her and get her reference so I'd have it. It meant a lot to me, what she shared and while I don't want to seem like I am pushing my religion on anyone, I think this quote applies to so many of us women today... If you want to read more about it, you can go here:
http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,6878-1,00.html

Anyway, for me, this quote really hit a soft spot and made me realize that my "weakness" as a tenderhearted, kind person does not mean that I am not strong by today's standards at all... I am just exactly who God wanted me to be! Enjoy reading this, I just love it!
Darla


Margaret D. Nadauld
"The Joy of Womanhood"
Ensign Nov 2000

"Women of God can never be like women of the world.
The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender.
There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind.
There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith.
We have enough greed; we need more goodness.
We have enough vanity; we need more virtue.
We have enough popularity; we need more purity."

No comments: