Monday, February 04, 2008

CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!!!


Lookie lookie lookie what I got today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been part of one of many many goals with my weight loss and I don't know why I waited ALL winter to get on it but I got these hand me down skates today and I am fixin' to go give em' a workout (well, either them or me!) tonight! Wish me luck and hope that what dear daughter Dani said does NOT happen.... "whatcha' gonna do when you break a hip Mom??" UGH Teenagers!




**EDITED**
OK so I went - and it was, uh, well... very very HARD!
I was hoping and sort of in a fantasy state of mind,
that it would all come back to me just like riding a bike.
NOT even close! I could barely stand let alone skate
:O(
Luckily Dani went with me and helped me skootch along the ice....
I can tell you the 2 major issues here though. One, the ice was
outdoors and really really really rutted and bumpy and uneven and
it was not well lit so I could not see one bump to the next. Two,
was there is no 'frame' to the rink, no wall to hang onto while you
get your balance and get going. So, next time I am going to the indoor
rink and practicing.... I WILL DO THIS DANGIT! Oh, I do have to say
however, I did NOT fall down once! I did have to sit down on the ice
to change from skates to shoes as there was a good 50 yd walk from the
car to the ice and I about killed myself getting ON the ice, I did
not even want to try to get back to the car .... LOL

3 comments:

CmyEarth said...

Great job getting out there and doing it!!!!!!!! You continue to inspire me to get out of my comfort zone.

Cindy Marchant said...

You are soooo friggin brave!

:Jayne said...

That is so cool that you are doing this. I loved, loved, loved ice skating as a kid.