Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Whoaaa


Well, things have slowed down a bit in "life" , thank goodness. This week has been pretty un-eventful, thank goodness. I think that last week was a bit more than I was ready to handle. Thanks to all my family and good friends who stood by me. Somehow I think there is more rocky roads to come, but for now, I am breathing at least! LOL!

So, my friend is still recovering from her surgery, feeling much better. I went with her for a bit yesterday, very relieved to see her out and about. Wanted to hug her tight but afraid of squishing her owies! Silly me!
Mom went home on Hospice as planned. The Dr seems certain that this was just the beginning of several episodes but her poor little old body can't take too much more. I just hope whatever happens she does not suffer more. I will keep you posted as I hear more myself. I hope to get to visit again later this week. (photo is of my sis and I with Mom just last month - excuse my fat b*tt in there!)
I have a Dr appt on Friday to get some more bloodwork done. Yippee. I think they like to drain you of all your bodily fluids and then sit back and laugh... seriously. Anyway, then I will get an appt to consult with the Dr, pick a date and all that fun stuff. For now, I am still jittery, nervous and all that, but I am sure I'll be fine.

Looks to be a fun weekend. Talk about NEEDING that one! Thurs we'll be going to a comedy night with our friends Blake and Lisa, then Fri is Ed's day off, so hopefully things will stay calm. Sat we have some friends of Ed's coming from Boise and we'll meet up at some point and then Sun we are planning a day trip up to Yellowstone! I am sure we'll peep in at Island Park and say "HI" to those at the cabin too. I tell ya, I just hope all the next few days go on without a nich... say a little prayer, OK?
HUGS!! as always!
Darla

1 comment:

Robin said...

Here.......
thats where I am in case you need me! Love you bunches!

On a side note that was last month??! babe in just one month there is a HUGE difference if you catch what I am talking about! I am so proud of you.

Keep your chin up and have faith...