Saturday, August 04, 2007

OK finally, some updates for you!




Wow! Life has been a little hectic and I am sorry I have not been keeping up here very well. I will try to be better. So much to tell you, where to start?! Well, first off, the photo is my little "pumpkin pie" I babysit during the week, isn't he SOOOOO CUTE!?! I watch him from like 5:00 am till' 6:00 pm Mon-Thurs and then some Fridays' for a few hours. His Mom works with my hubby. She is a doll! Love having him here!

OK family stuff. Ed is still recovering from his motorcycle accident back in June. He saw the Dr this week and his wrist is healing SLOWLY but it is healing. He did in fact get a new bike, some of you didn't know that I guess. No, I didn't "allow" him to, he just got it! LOL Like I could stop him? Seriously, I had no qualms at all with it, I know the accident was in no way shape or form his fault. New bike is awesome, he is even happier with it than the old one. ummmmmmm... what else? OK kids are all good. Schools starts mid-Aug and they are all pumped. Chris is going to be a Jr in HS, Dani in the 8th at the JHS, Tiff a 5th grader and Micheal in the 1st this year. NO KIDS ALL DAY! Well, go back and read paragraph one again, nope, I will never be all alone! hee hee!

My Mom is getting along. She did stay in the hospital a few days after her episodes. She is very weak and they did send her home on a combo of home health and hospice. The Dr is certain she will have more cardiac episodes and it is just a matter of time. She is very frail but she is strong willed. I just hope she does not suffer.

Lemme see, what else to share?

Ummmm my girlfriend that had the surgery is healing up well. We even went out the other night with her and her hubby. TOTALLY had a great time! We went out to dinner at our normal "hang out" Garcias for Mexican food...then we ventured to the Comedy Club and saw 2 really good comedians. Absolutly a blast! After the stand up show they had music and dancing, now, if you know Ed and I you probably know that we are not really the type to be gettin' our groooove on out on the dancefloor but by-golly WE DID! We danced and grooved and had a great time! I was so impressed with both the other couple we were with AND mostly with myself for not being too self conscious to get out there and shake it! A year ago, NO WAY on God's green earth would I have been out there on the dancefloor..... this time, I was partyin' it up!!! Also, I have to add, I was feeling really good about myself too, I was sportin' a new hairdo that looked pretty dang good if I don't say so myself (the other photo!) and wearing one of my new tops I got from my Monkey board buddies and some cute jeans... I kept looking at myself in the full length mirror at the club and seemed to suprized to actually LIKE what I saw for a change! Big stuff. Afterwords we went to Denny's for a snack where I proceeded to spill water and strawberry milkshake all over myself! ROTFLMBO! It was a blast! We didn't get home till' 1:00 a.m. and I felt so pumped up! I feel like I am 18 again.... crazy!

The really cool part about all this? I just FEEL SO GOOD! I have cut my workouts back to about 3-4 x a week rather than 5 but I still am doing well and feel so good. I am a bit anxious that my surgery might slow me down but I keep thinking it will give me some drive to work harder after I recover. Well, even to work harder to get recovered! LOL I just feel awesome, it is great. I wish I could help some of my friends more with thier weight challenges..... if only they could feel like this too!

OK so then Friday morning I had a Dr appt with the ENT again. Well, actually, I went in for some labs to be drawn and for whatever reason he came in to talk to me... ended up talking for like a 1/2 hr and got a lot of answers to a lot of questions. Still planning on the surgery, sort of looking at Sept 7th for it but not 100% sure yet. Ed really wants to talk to the Dr and we are going to see about getting another opinion as well. I am confident in the ENT Dr but it is smart to get another view too. Right now my R side of my thyroid is really enlarged and pushing on both my vocal chords and my esophagus. The thought is that it will just get bigger and be harder to remove later on. Actually, both sides are enlarged but the R side is the major problem. Having a partial removal is an option but he said then I run the risk of having to have another surgery later on and partials bleed more and since the connecting part of the thyroid is enlarged too....well, it is just smarted to do the whole thing. So, for now we are set for that date but it may change. I'll keep ya posted. OH and I never did get my labs done, the nurse tried 2x and couldn't get in... left me a lovely bruise on the inside of my wrist though. :O) Geesh!

Tommorrow we are headed to Yellowstone for the day. Just a quick day drive, going to pick up Chris in Island Park at the cabin (he is working with Blake this w/end) and head up. Weather has been super nice so it should be a great trip! I am sure I'll have photos to share!

Today we hit the yard sale jackpot! LOL yes, we are addicted to Sat morning yard sales. We went to one at a house of an old friend/neighbor/church member that we have known for a few years. They are moving so they had some great deals. Amongst other things I picked up a few shirts for the girls for school, like new and great name brand labels! Well, we went back later to pick up a couple of armoires we bought and they were loading up stuff to go to the thrift store.... she told me to go through and take whatever I wanted for the girls FREE!!! I ended up getting a HUGE stack of stuff for the girls..... we are talking TONS of clothes! So going to help out with back to school! Loved it! Oh... and I got myself the coolio-est new purse! It is PURPLE of course and I love it!

That is about it! I think I covered everything. LOL Sorry for the L*O*N*G read, but had tons to share. Wanted to give a "hello" to a blog reader I learned about tonight from an old friend of hubby's..... thanks for reading faithfully! :O) Great to see Nancy and Ron and family too!

OK off and going. Have lots to do before morning!
Take care and blessings!
HUGS
Darla

3 comments:

:Jayne said...

Sounds like life is happy in Idaho! Weight loss is looking good for you. Hang in there!

:J

Cindy Marchant said...

I was wondering if you had scheduled the surgery. Sounds like a good date to me. Go for it!!! Darla my brother was in a terrible bike accident in Colorado and was on a vent for 3 days!! He could have died. He had 6 broken ribs, a broken clavicle, several sprains and a multitude of scrapes and bruises. Bike was totaled too. But he went out and bought another one!!! So I get it! I really do! Men!!!

Kip said...

Boy darla, you can really tell in that picture of your face, how much you've lost. You go girl!!