Monday, August 20, 2007

And she'll have FUN FUN FUN till' her hubby takes the wheeler awwayyyyy hey.....







ONE word describes my day yesterday: FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my GOSH we had a fun day on Sunday! Went up to Island Park, took the new TOY (oh yea, the suprize?? We got a NEW four wheeler this weekend!) Isn't she pretty?!
OK so we took the new toy up there to the cabin to play. I did not have a CLUE what I was in for I tell ya, but DANG! it was fun!
First off, our oldest son, Chris, and our bf's Blake and Lisa had no idea we'd even bought it so when Ed and Micheal came rollin' up the road in it they were all totally shell shocked! SO COOL!
The kids of course took it for a few rides (with help) and then later in the day after they guys got a ton of work done on the cabin (CHECK OUT the new deck on the front of it!!!!) the adults went out for a ride. Blake and Lisa on their big 4 wheeler, Ed on our new one and I took Blake and Lisa's smaller one (similar to ours). I had NO NO NO idea what I was getting myself in to! EEEECK! We did mud puddles, mini hills, big hills, gravel, dirt, mud, rocks, we rode everywhere and I was totally amazed at how brave I was! We also gave one another some serious mud baths too, that was crazy fun! Splashing through huge mud puddles and splattering each other! We were all soaked and filthy! SO much fun!There were a couple of times I did stop and say "there's no way in H#LL I am going there" but they coaxed me through and I did ALL of it but one little tiny part! (OK a big part) LOL
We were headed back home and Blake decides to give me the "ULTIMATE TEST" and takes us up this totally steep rocky hill/mountain...wer'e talking UP UP UP and I was talkin' FREAK FREAK FREAK! I get 1/2 way up then there is a little plataue and then I look up and there is an even steeper part that is all BIG ROCKS and narrow and he'd told me you have to go fast so I just stood up, leaned forward and gunned it! Well, a small tree scraped the side and I was flipping out and then BAM! I was at the top!
So there the four of us are, on these 3 fourwheelers on the top of this hill with NO where to go....but back down! HE TOOK US UP THERE JUST SO WE HAD TO GO BACK DOWN??!! I tell ya, I literally was breathing hard,shaking, sick to my stomach! So at that point I did not even know how we would turn the stupid things around let alone get back down the hill so Lisa got on mine and I got on the back with Blake bc he was on the bigger one. Ed and Lisa proceed back down, slow and sure, then Blake takes the rocky part all slow and easy and we hit that plateau and what does he do?? Asks me if I am holding on, "yes, holding the bars back here" and he GUNS IT full speed down the bottom half!!!!!!!!! We are talking 60+ mph and I am screaming and hitting him on the back and flying off the dumb thing! OMGOSH it was SO FUN! Yes, I am nuts!
After that I just rode the rest of the way back with him and that was a total blast! We were flying down the paths,leaning into turns to keep from skidding off the road! It was totally fun, totally out of control! LOL
We went to this big sand pit where there are 2 hills, one is a steep on and the other more like a 'mound'. He asked my why I wasn't screaming, so he takes us UP and OVER this steep hill and yes, he got his scream! Then the smaller one you kind of go up the side and turn back down so your doing a semicircle! OH man, that was fun! By the time we got back to the cabin I was so out of breath and laughing! It was a blast! I have not had so much fun in I don't know how long!
So, I survived. I think I have a bruise on my left cheek (if ya know what I mean) and my arms and shoulders are SUPER sore, but I survived. Not only did I survive, I totally ROCKED! I was rather impressed with myself both in being able to physically do it and mentally push past. I am so not an adventurist so this was crazy for me. LOVED IT and can't wait to go again! Overall I did really well keeping up too... I had one point where I was sliding off this huge rock and had to have Blake come literally push the back as I went up and then the tree thing on the hill was the other one that freaked me. I figure for an off road mountain atv ride I did pretty dang well. I did let some serious language SLIP during the ride but hey, that is reasonable in my book! I'll stop babbling now, you get the idea, I had FUN, right??
OK so pictures for you!!
One is the NEW four wheeler....it IS even that pretty blue! Then there are a couple of 'after' photos showing you just how much fun we did have, the dirt and mud proves it!
There is a photo of the kids "working" outside the cabin (Dani being a show off in grey and Abbi in green) as they were moving the old boards from the deck Blake and Lisa pulled out with thier TRUCK this weekend! And then a photo of the three guys working on the NEW deck they built! (Ed in grey, Chris in green, Blake in white)
They got a lot done and the cabin is looking amazing. I'll show more of that later.

OK enough for one day! I still have back to school pix to share from this morning but I'll save them too!
Make it a good one!
Darla

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

Wow, Darla!! How cool is that? You are quite the daredevil, too!!! Just be careful, okay?