Tuesday, February 20, 2007

WOW! What a weekend.....

OK I so love Pres Day weekend....for one, there is always something fun going on for certain as my family hosts their annual get together, a full weekend of cards, games, snowmobiling and food and fun. We don't always go to that though, and this year we decided to go to Boise to visit dh's family instead. We left early Sat morning and arrived before noon, so nice to have the whole day to visit instead of driving all day and only eating and going to bed. LOL Anyway, we visited, ate, the kids played Guitar Hero on the PS2 and had fun. That night we slumberpartied at sil's house and the next am went out to breakfast and ate WAY too freaking much and then visited all day with Gram and Gramps. That night they bbsat while we went out to Cafe' Ole' , a great little Mexican resteraunt with the yummiest food. Good fun! Mon a.m. went too quick as we had to get loaded to go and have Pappa's traditional big pancake and spam feast for breakfast. Only downside to the whole visit was that our youngest boy Micheal got sick.... poor thing. :O( But we got home all ok and the weekend was fun anyway.

BIG news was the FUN FUN FUN shopping I got to do while there!!!!!!! I sneakered my way out all alone on Sat afternoon and hit one of the lss there in Boise (local scrapbook stores). I went to Paper Cottage off Fairview (by ShopKO) and got some fun things. Didn't spend too much, but found some treasures!!

- Junkitz new Salsa Celebration papers (they are wicked awesome!!)
- 3BUGS Coco collection papers (so cute and fun!)
- Fancy Pants Mulberry Road Fancy Free papers....(the florals are beautiful!)
-Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl papers ( the colors are so yummy!)
- couldn't get out without some Daisy D's too, Moda and ShowOffs (very BG'ish style)
-and then a fun and funky bright pc of Bo Bunny Shabby Princess line... love it!

also got myself
- yards and yards of lucious and lovely ribbons (totally makes me break into a sweat!)
- tons of little charms, do dads and other fun little embellishmets that I had to have

So now I guess this means I need to clean off my desk ONCE AGAIN and find places for all my new treasures!? Good thing ds is home sick today and I have an excuse to stay in all day long?

:O) Smiles.
me



*EDITED*

I forgot to add important stuff! Every Monday we have our weigh in date for The Biggest Loser at the YMCA... so far so good for me until this week. (the weekend was too tempting) I was UP THREE STINKING POUNDS from one weekend of fun and food! Can you believe it? ICK! However, my trusty partner was DOWN 4 POUNDS herself........so proud of her and her hard work! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

Wow what a lovely bunch of goodies you got Darla!!!

Don't beat yourself up over a small gain. As you know the trick is to get right back to it and you are soooo dedicated. You totally inspire me.

Kip said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend Darla!!