Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday Check In

I AM SOOOOOOOOO READY FOR THIS! C'mon flowers, start poppin' your little heads up through the wet snow and dirt!! I am ready for SPRING to SPRUNG already!!!

So, one of the many many reasons I love to live in Idaho is that we actually get to experience ALL FOUR SEASONS of the year.......yes, snowy winters, rain in the spring, hot hot summers and crisp cool fall....... love it. However, I have to admit, Idaho tends to drag the whole winter thing on a "wee bit" and we end up with shorter spring/summer/falls than I'd personally like. So I am totally ready for spring RIGHT NOW! I am dying to get out in the yard, dig in the dirt, water the flowers, mow the lawn, and just love up the freshness of the new season. I can't wait!!

I must confess though........the photo above, uhhh I didn't take it here in Idaho! ROTF I took that in SLC Utah last spring when we were visiting Primary Children's Hospital. The flowers were so pretty in the entry way that I had to stop and take pix. My family thought I'd gone plum nuts but I had to stop....there was actually a HUGE full entry circle full of these yellow beauties but I only captured a couple of close ups (and did a FAB scrap page of them I might add). I just love daffodils.......the only flower I can draw freehand too! Hee hee!

So that is my Wed update for you. No family fuss, or other trivia for you.....just my wish wish wishing for spring to arrive and SOON! Send in the sun folks, I am ready!

Darla xoxoxo

2 comments:

nickle831 said...

Great picture Darla!

Cindy Marchant said...

I hear ya, Darla!! I'm soooo ready for spring, too. I know what you mean about getting 4 seasons. We get that here, too, in Washington State. Love it!