Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sweet new daughter at my house...


Lea





Lea with her Mother at home in Germany







This is our new 'daughter' Lea.
We had a whirl-wind few days with
getting her to our home but we are
SO excited to have her here!
Lea is from Germany, she is here through
the school year on an exchange. We
had NO idea we'd be getting an exchange
student but a very wonderful person (or 2?)
passed our names on as interested and
we got a call, got a visit, got a child! LOL
We are LOVING having her here and hopefully
she is very happy so far?! I think she is.
I believe this has all been quite overwhelming
for her but she seems to be adapting well.
The first night she went with Dani and Chris
to the homecoming football game and really
enjoyed it. Yesterday Ed and I took her to lunch
and a bit of shopping & fun. Last night she went to a small
party for the kids who did not go to the
homecoming prom/dance - Dani had a date, so
our niece Mindy picked her up and took her
and they had fun.
Today (Sunday) we are just laying low and close
to home so she can relax and aclimate a little
more.
We are feeling SO BLESSED right now. I hope she
is too! :O)

Off for a long walk n jog later today, let's see
if I make it! LOL

Darla

1 comment:

Robin said...

I sooo cant wait to meet her!!!