Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wedding Photo Challenge...

So, one of the gals that I chat with online challenged us to show off our Wedding Photos. Uhhh ohhh kay?! First, I have to say, our wedding was VERY low budget, a lot of helpful family and friends and lots of improvising. (put nicely) So, we had no florist (aunt did flowers) , no photographer (bil took pix), no wedding dress (wore my mil's sundress) and I didn't make my Dad wear a tux, he walked me down the isle in his Wranglers (nice new ones) and cowboy boots! It was very very mellow, low budget, funky sorta fun. I have an assortment of photos, but I love this set the best...

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i21/DarlaLOU/?action=view&current=WEDDINGRECEPTIOIN1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

... this is a series of photos of Ed opening the bottle of champagne which had been sitting out in 100+ degree temps for a while. The cork flew UP UP UP and into the patio covering ( a fiberglass style cover) which then caused a flood of dried up black walnuts to ROLL off the roof down into the yard, and the seats where our guests sat! During all this, the champagne was bubbling over the top of the bottle and we were laughing our heads off!!!!

One dissapointment/ hightlight of the wedding, the cake. As you can see in the photo, it WAS a pretty cake. However, it was PINK and LAVENDAR and I had wanted a cake with DARK PURPLE, LAVENDAR and SILVER on it! I WAS SO MAD! A lot of things went wrong, too numerous to mention here...but it was a wild day, we got married and are getting ready to celebrate our 16th anniversary in a couple months! YEAH!

Darla

2 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

Darla I love the wedding LO you did. The pic of Ed and the champagne is priceless! LOL! I had a lavender cake, too. My colors were lavender and green.

:Jayne said...

Darla, you and Ed look so sweet and innocent! The pics are priceless and I love your LO! You were so ahead of your time with the doodling!

:Jayne