Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Midnight Workout!




I had the most killer workout last night.
I put it off and put it off (partly due to 'real' time issues and partly due to me being lazy and putting it off) and finally got up and went to the gym at midnight last night! It was pretty awesome.
1- there were only 2 people there
2- i was pumped up to achieve my goal
3- i was WIDE awake rather than 1/2 asleep in the early morning
4- i got to take a hot shower before falling into bed

I usually prefer early a.m. workouts - but - this was kind of fun.
One big issue is once I have food in my stomach workouts are not
um, let's say "Friendly" to my body so I like early a.m. workouts
cuz' I can go on an empty stomach. Last night by the time I went my
food had plenty of time to settle so I did ok. I ended up with a wee
bit of heartburn but that I can live with.









I did my 2 miles as planned, ran intervals and did my 1/2 mile push
and felt pretty good about it. This weekend I bump up to 4 miles so
I need to work harder!!! I also did some weights, focussing mostly
on leg press machine with several variations that is supposed to be
great for the legs, ankles and I have even heard rumors of the good
benifits to the tooshie! Woot! I'll take that!

No comments: