Monday, May 04, 2009

A NEW Goal for Darla...


OK as promised, here I am. Going to update you on life, kids, work all that but also wanted to share a big thing too. For the most part I've been sort of journaling my weight loss and fitness journey here on the ol' blog so I wanted to share this.

I have set a new goal for myself. For months and months I have been targeting a specific goal that has been "out of reach" for whatever reason. Mostly just my own lack of determination and dedication I suppose and yes, I have been able to maintain my weight which *IS* a big deal...but not reaching that magical "one-derland" number has been a week by week, month by month let down for me. So much so that I finally concluded that I was sort of setting myself up for failure. Knowing I'd missed my mark SO many times just makes it harder and harder. So, I set a new goal! OF COURSE I'll be partying in the streets dancing around screaming and hollerin' when I hit the magical roll of the scales down out of the 200 range but now I have a bigger picture. I am going for the gusto people! BIG NUMBER! HUGE MAGNIFICENT FABULOUS GOING FOR IT ALL NUMBER! I want to reach my 100 LB weight loss - and in a fairly good block of time! I have about 25 lbs to lose and I know I can do it but I am going to have to really shake up my workouts and really get strict with my diet. I can do it though - I know I can!!!! :O) So, I will be joining the ranks of "gym rat" soon and will probably spend more time in sweats and my New Balance shoes than anything but that is ok - I just want to reach this milestone SO badly! Cheer me on ok??

As far as kids, and life and home - well, Chris graduates in a month (I know!!!!!). The kids are all doing great in school and keeping us running with all the spring and end of year activities - Tiff is doing track, Dani just goes 100mph and Micheal is a 8 yr old boy, need I say more? Ed is working like crazy and doing his online courses for school - complaining a lot about it but I secretly think he is loving it! Maybe? or not? LOL I am changing jobs *AGAIN* - I started last week working in an Insurance office with a good friend of mine. I will still work occasionally at the dress store (weekends a couple days a month) for now but mostly good ol' M-F 9-5 and no weekends or holidays - THANK YOU JESSUS (as my sister Lisa would say). I am so grateful for this chance to have a job that works well with our family's needs an schedule. It is a HUGE blessing for me.

Ummmmmm...busy summer months coming up. Chris graduates and turns 18 in June, we'll be having a family party in Boise with everyone for that. Also have some cousin swaps going on thru the summer too. A big Jonas Brothers Concert for Tiffany and a trip to Oregon for Dani. Just ooooooooodles going on. 4th of July will include out of town family as always and I plan to run the Firecracker 5K that morning with my sisters too! SO COOL! Just a lot coming up.

So, keep an eye out on the blog for more - I promise to try to be more diligent in keeping in current!

HUGS and have a GREAT DAY!Darla

(Photo is from last weekend in Twin Falls, went to run a 5k Race for the Cure with Carlee but ended up doing more volunteer stuff than anything, but was still awesome! We were up and AT the event by 5a.m. - that is why I am looking so lovely...)

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

Wow you HAVE been busy!! Darla what an excellent goal!! I KNOW you can and will do it! I thought you were still at the hotel Darla! I missed a chapter somewhere. Good luck with the new job. Bet the hours are much better for you and your family. Sounds like you already have a busy summer on tap.