Friday, December 26, 2008

A Good Laugh -

I have to go back and reference my post a few days ago "Face Check" and share a chuckle with you. I am warning you now though, I am bragging. LOL Well, sort of a humilated brag, but anyway....

So, on Christmas Eve my dear hubby and I were out running last minute (ok, all day last minute) errands and I had to run to the bank to cash a check. The same bank I've been going to for a few months now. Well, in I walk and the sweet gal at the counter greets me and I lay out the check and my drivers license on the counter. The gal looks it over, leaves and goes and whispers in another lady's ear and they come back to the desk together - the "other" lady pushes my ID back at me and asks me if I have another form of ID. Ummmm OK? So, I pull out my state ID card (photo ID) and my SSCard and put them down. "NOPE" - do you have another form of photo ID? Nope, I do not. Well, she then informs me that I do NOT have a valid photo ID and they cannot cash my check?!? WHAT THE HECK? So, I tell her that I've been coming in this branch for a while and my ID's ALL THREE OF THEM are up to date and valid and she then politely (or not so politely) tells me that the photo on the cards IS NOT ME!!!! OK so yes, sort of funny but not really bc these ARE my only proof of identity people! So, basically what it boiled down to was that my photo ID's are just old enough that they reflect my weight loss enough that the gal does not think, well, neither of them, think that it is me!
Now, I will take the flattery all the way baby - BUT - this sucked! I was flustered and flattered but mostly I was SO embarrassed! I got all teary eyed and upset and just as I was leaving the bank lobby I passed by a kid I used to work with and THANKFULLY he went back up with me and told the lady that I was INDEED Darla! LOL So, crisis averted but honestly, what a nightmare! After the fact, I was feeling pretty dang good about it and when Ed and I held up my photo ID and looked at it close we noticed that I now have a neck, my hair is styled different, my eyes are much brighter and I have color in my face. So yea, some slight differences! Ed thought it was great and I should not have been upset at all, my sister Carlee said the same thing, but in that moment I was so caught off guard! Also, to be honest, sort of an identity thing occured too - can't go into it really but realizing that even though I am still quite heavy maybe people saw me as just that fat girl. Anyway, guess I'll need to go get a new photo ID????? Geeeeeesh!

Be good!
Darla

5 comments:

:Jayne said...

That is so freakin' awesome!
A bit of a pain, but what a great pain to have!

JulesinParadise said...

A brand new you! And here's to you and your family this Happy New Year!

Wildflower said...

Only you, Darla Lou, only you :0) So did you go get a new license to show off your gorgeous face?? Sounds like we need those people at the bank working for Homeland Security checking passports at the airports...(ha ha) And did I mention how PROUD I am of you? You've done an awesome job keeping to your resolution to get healthy - way to go :0D

Anonymous said...

My friend Deana went through the same thing. When she went to get a new ID, she told them she lost the old one just so she could keep it for comparison... GOOD JOB SIS! Love you! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow darla I am so proud of you! I am glad that your weight loss has paid off! Well heres to you!! Darla? Just kidding!