Friday, December 19, 2008

So, I thought I'd Do An Update

I have been a BAD blogger - sorry. Just been super busy with the Holidays coming up and starting at the new, 2nd part time job. Then there are the kids, of course, and you all know how ED can be - right? LOL Just jokin' ya know! So, since our getaway over Thanksgiving life has just been chaotic!
I guess I can start by sharing this, a lot of you have asked WHAT the heck is with the 2nd job? And then there are those of you who are going, WHEN did Darla get a FIRST job? OK, here is the big lo-down on it all... I stopped babysitting little Noah bug back at the end of Sept and started working at the new Hilton Garden Inn here in Idaho Falls, it is on the greenbelt by the falls and is SUPER nice and fun. The folks there are really sweet and have been so gracious and helpful in the learning process (and there is A LOT to learn!). I work the front desk and overall I love it, there just are not many hours available for the new girl so after waiting it out about 2 months I found a second part time job! Actually, I wasn't really looking but one night kind of fell into some job applications at a couple of places and next thing I know I am hired! So, starting the first part of December I began on the job at The Dress Barn, a ladies business dress and casual store out by the mall. It is SO MUCH FUN I just love it! I am in week 2 of that and so far am just having a blast and finding that maybe being back in retail IS my calling after all?? So how am I juggling all of this? Well, they are both giving me super limited hours but they are working together to meet my scheduling needs (so nice of them both) and honestly I am still only working part time hours between the two of them TOGETHER! Hey, variety is good... dont'cha think?
So, other than that the kids are all going 100 mph with activities and friends and school. Tiff and Dani did a duet song in a talent show today at school that was amazing! So proud of them! Chris is work work working - between his AP classes at school and his job with Blake at the Furniture Doctor he never stops (and his girlfriend too ya know...) and little Micheal is just a ball of energy! He is loving 2nd grade and keeping us on our toes! He has made lots of new friends in our new neighborhood and there is a constant flow of little kids in and out and in and out of our house daily!
Ed?? just working and working and giving me hassles day after day - you know how he is...
So, that is about it from me, at least a decent share for today. I am still working hard on my weight loss and so far beating the battle and ALMOST down into what we weightloss guru's call "ONE-derland"... if you don't get it, you don't need to. LOL I have been working out at the hotel gym a few times a week (a perk!!) and am keeping on my foods too - slow but sure, my life story now! I will get there eventually though! Remember to take care of YOU this season and be good to your bodies, you have to keep them for the long run ya know?! :O)
Take care and be good!
Darla

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

As usual you make me tired just listening to you. Your so busy days remind me of my past, kids here, kids there, work and school for me. I don't know how I survived! Remember take time for YOU to relax!
:J