Friday, June 24, 2011

Work Work Working in the backyard

So here in the front yard I have these amazing beautiful colorful and well groomed flowers all over. The yard is green and fresh and crisp! The flowers are blooming, I have pots of petunias perking up all over!


...and then we go to the backyard. *sigh* I have spent every weekend for over a month working in the back. It is SO MUCH WORK! Thankfully Chris and Micheal have been helping. The grass is greening up for me, the beds are clearing out and cleaning up. Some flowers are blooming and I am digging through everything and getting it in order. A little each weekend and then some on my days off. I will admit, the INSIDE of the house is neglected now! LOL
So, I worked through this side bed, it is sort of a modpodge of things, there are a couple of rasp plants in there, I dont' know why? but they are so I left them. I transplanted some bishops weed (ground cover) and hope they will take and spread. We also started a little decorative rock garden in one end too.

Then there are the rasp starts Chris got from his friends grandparents that we transplanted - I think most are taking, but a couple died. MAYBE we'll get berries off them this summer??

On one side of the deck there are some amazing (overgrown) roses - yellow-purple- pink that bloomed late last fall - I cleaned out that bed (it was full of crazy stuff, toys, socks, spoons, and other misc things) and added a few petunias too.

HERE is our amazing veggie garden spot. Before:

Micheal mixing manure to spread:

and after:

That garden spot was WEEKS of work! HUGE help from Chris and Micheal!!

Then we got a couple of Roma tomato plants last weekend that Chris planted in pots for me so we can 'protect' them from the weather on the deck. We also have a HUGE beef steak tomato plant in a "topsy turvey" planter on the deck too! LOVE it!!!



So, I have a ton more to work on out there but slow and sure it is coming along. I am getting happier by the week! This weekend we have BIG plans and then next weekend we'll have a BBQ and share all our pretties!!!!!
!!!
Whew! Tired just talking about it!!!

No comments: