Friday, June 24, 2011

MAD Marathon! May 14th 2011

HALF MARATHON
Yes. Did I finish? No.
So my fabuloso friend Lezhai organized this WHOLE event as a fundraiser for the Olive Osmond Hearing Fund and the community turnout was awesome! I 'roped' my family into it with me and we had a great reunion. My sisters Carlee and Lisa did the half as well as my nephew Travis's wife Jan and my cousins' wife Mamie! My sister Linda did the 5K and her grandson (my GREAT nephew) Lane did the 5K (with a broken toe!)
I had a huge huge struggle bc I bought NEW RUNNING SOCKS and they were too new, they rubbed my feet raw and by mile 5ish I knew I was in trouble, mile 7 we put on some mole skin and mile 9 I had to throw it in. Both feet were blistered BAD and I was done. Everyone else finished though and I was able to be there to cheer em' through the finish! It was awesome! I do not consider it a 'fail' because I could have finished!
So there ya have it - another milestone in my 39-40th year!



MY CRAZY SISTERS AND I

ALL my sisters who participated, it was awesome!

At the starting line, seriously SO sick to my stomach!

Myself and Lezhai - the super awesome organizer woman!

Ed and I before the race -- he was a trooper, on top of taking care of Carlee, Lisa and myself he was tag teaming with the other kids and Dani's HUGE soccer tourney that morning too!

Before the race, Carlee Lisa and I had to get some sillies out!

No comments: