Thursday, October 07, 2010

Last nights run in the rain. Who? Me? Heck Ya!




So, I keep pushing off my running in the mornings.
This week I did SO good on my foods and was trying
to do good with running. I didn't do so good.
Bring in the rain. So, last night I decided I HAD to
go out for a run. Great idea! Bring in : the rain.
We had this amazing awesome cool storm last night.
Thunder,
lightning,
and rain.
Oh and of course, wind.
Eastern Idaho is just not Idaho without the wind LOL.
I waited till' 9pm to go, was planning to head to the
Jr High track and give myself a little bit of an endurance
test to see where I am right now. Cool.
Well, I got down to the end of our street and head around
the corner and it starts to rain. No biggie, the rain would
cool me off and keep me going. I have run in the rain before.
HA!
HA HA!
OK so by the time I get to the track it is a good rain. I crank
up my tunes, pull my sleeves down over my hands and start running.
Did a nice little cycle of run a lap walk a lap and by the 2nd lap
I was SOAKED wet! The thunder was rumbling the ground and the
lightening was flashing and making the field bright and beautiful!
I cranked up the music a little louder and kept going.
I was truly enjoying this!
At one point the rain DID start to smack and sting
my skin a bit but overall I was loving it! Very 'freeing' to be out
there in the dark with the rolling thunder and the flashes of light!
LOVED it!
So, after 2 miles I dragged my soggy butt, body and feet
home. I stretched out really good (NO more hip flexor issues) and
came in to warm up. I was so cold I didn't dare take a shower bc I
was afraid I'd lose what body head I had - instead I bundled up in
my warm robe, had a cup of mint tea and cozied in my blanket.
I felt really good!
Insert this morning. My head is throbbing. I feel yucky. I feel like
a drown rat the morning after.
Lesson learned? Maybe all that fun (and faster run times) was not
worth it?


No comments: