Monday, July 27, 2009

Training....






LOOK OUT GUYS! I am going for the big one this time!
I am "IN TRAINING" now. I have just a few weeks till'
the big run in Twin Falls with my sister Carlee....
it is the "Rim to Rim" run and it benifits the Habitat
for Humanity program there in Twin Falls. I have yet to
get a lot of details but as far as I know it is a 7.5
mile route (walk and or run or combo) and you shoot for
your personal best. I *KNOW* I'll never make a full 7.5
mile run but I am going to do my dangdest to get a good
portion of it done by running. Yesterday I started my
'official' running training and did a 3 mile run on the
treadmill with a couple of wee wittle walking breaks.
I hope to push it hard tommorrow and get more in. I'd
like to do a decent time in the race and hope to break
some personal barriers in the midst of it all too!
So, cheer me on guys, I am running every other day and
doing my strength training and other stuff (bike, ellyptical
and so on) on the in-between days! This is going to be a
challenge!!!

FUN STUFF! Right??
******************************************************

2009 Rim to Rim
September 19 - 9:00 AM



Run or walk this scenic and challenging 7.5 mile course. The race begins at Bass Lake at the Blue Lakes Country Club. The course climbs the Blue Lakes Grade, crosses the Perrine Bridge and winds down the Canyon Springs Grade. After crossing the Snake River via footbridge, the race finishes at Bass Lake with a party and lots of prizes!!! $100 Dash for cash goes to the first male & female to reach the top of the Blue Lakes Grade. $50 cash prize to the fastest man & woman finisher. Prizes to the first man & woman walkers. Awards given for racer that collects the greatest amount of donations for Habitat (must be turned in by September 6th) Awards also given in each age group for runners & walkers, with separate divisions for men and women. Newly designed race T-shirts for all participants. The $40 pre-registration fee, before September 7th ( is a tax deductible donation) $45 fee after September 7th and day of race.

3 comments:

Wildflower said...

Get 'er done girlfriend!! :0) I know you'll do great!

Cindy Marchant said...

Go for it Darla!!!! I KNOW you can do it. Hey I remember that bridge from when we lived in Hagerman!!

JulesinParadise said...

Bravo for you! I'll be rooting for you.

You, Cindy and some of the others have been my inspiration to lose weight: I am down almost 14lb.s with another 14 to go to goal weight.