Friday, July 17, 2009

Good friends and family.

I want to say how blessed I am with such good friends and family. How caring and wonderful they are to me. I know I am a big whiner a lot of the time and still, even if they have to call me out on it, they back me up.
So, lately I have had my share of physical 'woes'... I guess I am getting old or something but my body is not cooperating the way I'd like it to so what do I do, I whine! LOL
Seriously though, my thyroid levels have been whacko making me tired beyond what I can believe, it is so weird! I had very little trouble stabalizing my meds after having my thyroid taken out almost 2 years ago and NOW it starts to give me fits? Whatever!? So, when I whine about being tired, now you know why. My knee. Well, my knee does not like the running thing I guess but I am not giving it up - I know it is the right thing and so I will tough it through. I have worked too long and hard and am determined to meet my goals! So, I have some funky tendon thing going on with it but the Dr assured me it is nothing too dramatic, just have to work through it. So, I will! Also I made a maybe not so great choice to take a depo shot for my monthly issues (you know, girl stuffs... cuz' I certainly don't need birth control!) and in the long run it has helped but I think I am paying a higher price for it. It has really made me struggle with my weightloss and I am grinning and bearing it now but deep down I am SO mad I made this choice because now I have to wait it out! UGH!
Basically my big issue is that I have been busting my butt for these weight loss goals for SO long now and have had so little progress on the scales... but with my current issues (thyr;meds;knee;depo) I think it is really hampering my ability to see the numbers drop - cuz' Lord knows I am working out a lot and trying my best to eat well. Aside from kinking off my guts or going on a liquid diet or something crazy I don't know what else to do?!
So.... to all of you who have been listening and loving me while I whine and boob - you have not gone un-noticed. Thanks for loving me and supporting me and letting my forced optimism waver a bit.... I promise I'll be more upbeat and optimistic and encouraging to myself and to you! :O)
XO
Darla

4 comments:

Wildflower said...

Darla Lou, you have always been and always will be beautiful! I am so dang proud of you for hanging in there! Having knee issues of my own I understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to do things like running that used to be no biggie. Chin up girlfriend!! Things will work themselves out :0)

Cindy Marchant said...

Sounds like a whole lots going wrong at the same time which I'm sure is overwhelming. Mainly I hope you can get the thyroid meds woring again as that might help with your overall well being. Just NOT being tired can go a long way to making other things not seem so terrible. Hang in there Darla

:Jayne said...

Hang in there girl. You've worked to hard and too long to let a few little issues get you down! What about doing something that doesn't put so much wear on the knee until it gets feeling better?
You inspire me! Your pictures are looking great!

Tiffany Black said...

Mommy! I love you so much! Just keep working, and you will get to your goal! Never give up! I enjoy going on walks with you to much for you to quit now! So, just keep up that hard work and you'll be payed for it!