Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hello from hotel-land!

So, here I am again - working on hour 3 and going into hour 4 of my 8 hour shift at the hotel. Now, think with me people. Hotel. Getaway. Relax. Ahhhhh... right? Um yea, if you are the desk clerk!(that would be ME) SERIOUSLY! So, you see, our hotel is geared more towards the business traveler - the Monday thru Thursday guys who come to town, work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep and then travel home for the weekend with their family. That is the majority of our business. So, come Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we get a few leisure visitors and then a few die-hard business people who tough it out through the weekend with us, but for the most part the hotel is REALLY S-L-O-W on the weekends. So, here I am. It is nice sometimes to have peace and quiet and down time to yourself, yes, it gets that quiet (not boring) but then I have to say the time goes SO much quicker when we are busy and there are guests to talk to and help out as well. Anyway, still loving this job, it is fun, even it if is slow sometimes (like today).
What else to report? Hmmm....
We are having Micheal's "official" birthday party, with friends that is. We'll be going to Leo's Place for pizza, cake and ice cream and the kids can play on the playland equipment, run, scream, be crazy and NOT trash MY house in the process!!(8 yr old boys, remeber?) What a concept egh? LOL Still cannot believe the lil' booger is 8 yrs old! Last night we took him to the Boy Scout store - since he is now 8 he starts in Cub Scouting and he needed the signiture blue shirt, yellow kerchief and all that fun stuff, oh, and a handbook and MOST importantly, his Pinewood Derby car! Let me tell you, he is SO excited over all this but not even an inkling as excited as his Dad is about it - the car anyway! Ed gets a little - um - let's say OBSESSIVE about building these Pinewood cars with his sons and although Micheal is doing the work (sanding and all that) his Dad is the master mind of it all! Micheal got to choose the style and the colors and stickers and all that fun stuff and Ed is teaching him step by step how to build THE ULTIMATE car - it is hysterical- honestly to see him, well, both of them so enthusiastic about something so fun together - just goes to show how Scouts CAN in fact help fathers and sons bond! :O) (which is really so cool if you ask me!)
On one last note, I know, I know, this is turning into a short novel but I DO have the time to write soo... here goes. I am back on the wagon people. No more food crashes, no more procratination, no more whining and pouting, just pure 100% DETERMINATION to do this! I am so very very close to the biggest goal I have had along this journey to get thin and healthy and I am at the door, knocking, and I am ready to do it! I have exactly 15 days left in the month of January and I AM DOING IT! "One-derland" here I come baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend and be healthy and strong!
Darla :O)
Just call me Miss Forced Optimism OK?

No comments: