Friday, November 27, 2009

struggles - a turkey friend - scares - running



















LOTS of topics to catch up on but overall life is treating me well.
Can't complain about much really other than my constat battle with
the bathroom scale - *sigh*.

So, I have been struggling to keep the weight down. I am fighting to
keep off the weight and am actually up about 15 lbs from my lowest
weight and I hate that! Not sure what/why it is going on but I am
fighting like hell with it. Thanksgiving has not been a help
- or stress - but I am marching on.

I have the best friend in the whole wide world.
She gave me their turkey.
SERIOUSLY she GAVE me their turkey!
After our big scare with Ed and spending 24 hrs in
the hosptial with him, well, our Turkeyday plans were
all washed out and suddenly I was having to throw together
a Turkey dinner for my family! Lisa, bless her heart,
bailed me out and offered to give us her turkey she'd
bought since they were going to the in-laws anyway.
What a blessing!
I was able to pick it up late Wed night to get it
thawed out and then did a mad dash to WalMart Thurs a.m.
to get all the trimmings and we ended up having a beautiful
Thanksgiving dinner at home with just our little family.
Thank you Lisa!!

So, what is up with Ed? Well, long story short, he scared the
heck out of us and thankfully he is ok. There was something
going on with his heart - although all his testing has been
inconclusive he did have some sort of episode??? and it was
so scary! I am still worried to death but the Dr's have said
he has nothing to worry about. Sooooo?? trust the experts or
trust your gut?? Either way, I am so grateful they found
nothing and that he was home for THanksgiving...

Running. AHhhhhhhhhhhK! I have been trying to run as much
as possible between the gym, outdoors and Lisa's (my sisters)
treadmill - or the *deathmill* as she affectionatly calls it.
I am not doing fab but I am going at it. Tonight Tiff and
I went out and did a little 2.6 mile route and it felt SO good.
It was perfect temps at 40 degrees and no wind.
We really enjoyed it. My endurance is the pits but at
least I am going. :O)

That is about it for now...... hope everyone is feeling
good and having a healthy and happy holiday season.
We are so blessed. SO blessed.

DarlaLOU :O)

No comments: