Saturday, February 07, 2009

Sat Night - Big Date with the Hotel Desk!

Here I am again... hot date with the front desk here at the hotel, whoopee! LOL Hey, they were nice and let me have last Sat night off so I couldn't/shouldn't complain right?

So, what has been going on with Darla? Well, I have been really really focussed on my fitness once again. Have been spending a lot of time working out and planning for running and training and getting my body in the groove to be out pounding pavement when the weather warms up enough! I can't WAIT to get to run outdoors more!!! The treadmill has been fantastic but I just love the outdoor running so much more! Fun fun fun stuff!
In the meantime, I am up to 2 miles (and a wee bit more) straight on the treadmill again, just trying to increase that distance frquently and build up some endurance again AND trying to up my speed a bit - I am slow slow poke runner at 4.0 - 4.5 mph and I need to boost that up. Also, I have been shaking up my workouts and not just running all the time. I have been sort of alternating days on doing weights, other cardio like ellyptical and bike and doing floor stretches and yoga ball stuff and also kind of interval training too. Right now I'll do a long run one day, then a day of the three cardio workouts in 10-15 min segments and a day of yogaball and weights with some treadmill walk/run with the incline cranked up! So far so good! The numbers on the scale are creeping down slowly so it must be working??

Kids are busy - Ed is crazy busy and we are all doing well. No new photos to share, well, at least not here from work right now. I have a few on my camera I need to download at home.

BE GOOD!
Darla

No comments: