Sunday, November 20, 2005

Giving Thanks = Thanks Giving

I love this time of year, I love being so lucky as to have so much. We are truly blessed. Thanksgiving is a grand Holiday, one of the few throughout the year where we really stop and think about all the GOOD THINGS (ohhh I sound a bit like Martha there?!) in our lives. I know how easy it is to stop and drop all the rotten, no good, horrible, really bad stuff on the ear of a neighbor or friend. Why do we do this? We have so much and are so blessed, we really SHOULD focus on the good. In my own words : FORCED OPTIMISM! So, in the spirit of the Holiday, here are just a few things I am ever grateful for....

My family who is healthy, strong and love me ! (I love them too!!!)
My nice, big, cozy home with more furnishings and electronics than a Best Buy store!
My dh who works hard, plays hard and loves me despite my many many flaws!
Our close friends who are near for the good times and the bad, always kind and loving!
This wonderful land we live in, I can honestly pray God Bless the USA!!!
and the little things...
alllllllllllllll my 1001's of scrapbook goodies!!
cheesecake anytime - anywhere!!
diet mt dew that get's me through my mornings!!
my big hot pink fuzzy slippers, although falling apart, they keep my tootsies toasty warm!!
our 1 out of 4 vehicles that IS running...thank you Lord!!
dh's great job with greater benifits so that I can be a SAHM!!
the many many many tv programs I am hooked on... sanity!!

If I don't make it back before Thursday....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!! Darla

No comments: