Thursday, July 28, 2011

balancing my time




so I have been what *I* call a bad blogger so much going on, summer time is so busy
kids going, summer activities, work, house, yard
all that stuff that just keeps you going 101 mph with too much to do
and never seems like enough time to do it

OR IS THERE?
the kids have had fun, Dani started a job and
went to Oregon for a week to
visit Ed's sister and fam... Tiff spent 2 weeks in Boise
with Ed's other sister and fam ... Chris has been looking
for work and FINALLY found a great job at Smiths' Food
learning to become a butcher! Awesome! Lil' Micheal runs
and runs, bikes and toys and all that - Ed and I have just
been working - we did get a weekend campout a few weeks ago
with my work for Farmers but overall not a big fun summer
for Ed and I... but the time seems to slip away?

I feel like I cannot catch up on the house and laundry no
matter what. I feel like I struggle to squish in workout times.
I have gained so much weight and I feel like poo about myself. I know
I can do better than this - I KNOW I CAN!Just a lot of frustration but the reality is time management on
my part. The yardwork has been priority (for me) and Chris and I
are growing an awesome lil' garden which seems to take up time too.
There are always excuses. Always something. My friend Blake says:
"Excuses are like a-holes, we all have them and they are all full of shit"

He is right. I am the queen of excuses, especially with time management.

I make lists and to do lists and time planners. I give the kids lists.
I plan out my days off hour by hour. Never get it all done. I told Ed the
other day I dissapoint myself by NOT crossing off my lists. I may fill the
days too full or set too high expectations? I don't know but I am NOT fufulling
my personal expectations.

Reality is, no matter how BUSY I am I can't seem to get my ducks
in a row. There is a good 12-14 hours a day to complete all I need
to do - I luckily only work part time so 6 hours a day - yet I cannot
manage to squish everything in that I want and need to do. I have taken
my day off (Wed each week) the past two weeks to go play at Rigby Lake
with our friends. Weekends are full of go go going and work work working
to catch up on everything so I don't get much "fun" and I also feel
like Micheal gets the bump all week so I enjoy taking him to the lake to play!

So, I am home sick today (tummy is yuck!!) and I am re-evaluating what I
do with my time. I need to 'schedule' myself so much better. I need to
balance family time and work and home and chores and personal and health and
relationships and my marriage and my friends and my BLOG and my hobbies and all the things
I "want" to do.

Reality is, 12-14 hours a day I SHOULD be able to do it all?

Shouldn't I?

No comments: